AboutExplore the famous Mount Vernon estate in this electronic field trip to the historic home of our nation's first president. Learn from Mount Vernon's interpreters and curators. This electronic field trip targets students in grades 4-8. It will give students the unique opportunity to visit one of America's most famous homes while enhancing their knowledge of early American history.
Discussion Questions (These are the questions in the Kahoot and Quizizz, if you prefer to use them without the interactives.)
- How many years was Mount Vernon Washington's home?
- Where was George Washington told he was the very first president?
- What did George Washington like to be referred to as?
- What year did George Washington die?
- Who worked on the farms of Mount Vernon?
- What does a blacksmith do?
- When did George marry Martha?
- What unprecedented act made Washington an international hero after the Revolutionary War?
For additional educational resources visit the Mount Vernon Education Center.
Exploring Mount Vernon is made possible through the generous support of:
- American Graduate, a program of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Wells Fargo