Experiencing Shakespeare 2: Up on Your FeetOriginal Webcast Date:
AboutJoin us as we explore the vaults of the Folger Shakespeare Library and get your students "up on their feet" to perform a Shakespeare insult war! This Emmy Award-winning electronic field trip targets grades 6-12.
- Kahoot Help—Learn how to Use and Create Kahoots
- Experiencing Shakespeare: Up on Your Feet Kahoot Quiz
- Quizizz Help – Learn how to Use and Create Quizizz
- Experiencing Shakespeare: Up on Your Feet Quizizz
Discussion Questions (These are the questions in the Kahoot and Quizizz, if you prefer to use them without the interactives.)
- What is the first thing you should do when beginning to work with Shakespeare?
- What does emotion imply in a performance?
- What is stress in theater?
- What famous phrases that we still use today did Shakespeare originally write?
- In what style of theater did Shakespeare perform his plays?
- After becoming familiar with the text, what should you do next to prepare your performance?
- What's the best way to Experience Shakespeare in the classroom?
For additional educational resources, visit these fantastic websites!
Folger Shakespeare Library Teach and Learn
The Alabama Ballet: The Making of Romeo and Juliet
Experiencing Shakespeare is made possible through the generous support of:
- American Graduate, a program of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Wells Fargo