Interning with Alabama Public Television Digital Media Department
Alabama Public Television’s Digital Media Department is responsible for managing APT’s digital media footprint including websites, education media, digital video and social media. Digital Media acts as a centralized hub for APT digital needs and works with content creators across all APT departments.
This internship primarily consists of video editing for social media platforms; encoding, formatting and organizing digital video files; creating/formatting graphics; using a content management system (CMS) for updating websites; and attending filming shoots when possible. APT seeks to provide a solid educational experience to participants by broadening their understanding of public television and every level of professional digital media production.
Responsibilities may include:
- Reformatting videos for use on Social Media platforms.
- Exporting files in a variety of formats for digital distribution.
- Creating graphics and other content for web, social and mobile platforms.
- Assisting with the loading of finished web materials using WordPress CMS.
- Video production assistance on location.
- Creating a final project that will help learn/build skills in areas that the student is interested in, to be discussed and outlined at the beginning of the internship.
The ideal candidate will be a Digital Media, Film/TV, Communications, or Digital Marketing major at a nearby university. They should have strong computer and troubleshooting skills and be able to work independently in a technical environment with little supervision. Basic working knowledge of Final Cut X and Adobe Creative Cloud required. Canva and Sprout Social experience a plus.
Please note: this job description is meant to be a generic description and represents the minimum job duties an individual may be required to perform. Individual departments will/can customize job descriptions and hours of work to meet their specific needs.
Interested applicants should mail, email or fax resume and cover letter to:
Alabama Public Television
2112 11th Ave S, Suite 400
Birmingham, AL 35205
Fax: (205) 251-2192
Alabama Public Television is an equal opportunity employer.