TUESDAY, JULY4 at 7:00PM (Encore at 8:30PM)
America’s biggest birthday party returns for a 43rd year this July 4 with live music and the greatest display of fireworks in the U.S.A. The award-winning, top-rated program, hosted this year by actor and television host Alfonso Ribeiro, puts viewers front and center on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol with our nation’s iconic skyline captured by twenty cameras positioned around the city.
“Hosting this year's A CAPITOL FOURTH is truly an honor,” said Ribeiro. “The 4th of July is America's birthday and it means a lot to me to be able to celebrate along with my family at our nation's Capitol! So many great performers have appeared over the show's 43 years. I’m honored and excited that I get to carry on the tradition this year as your host."
A CAPITOL FOURTH, America’s longest-running live national Independence Day TV tradition, will also feature:
• Chicago – multi-Grammy Award-winning legendary rock and roll band;
• Boyz II Men – Grammy Award-winning and best-selling R&B group of all time;
• Belinda Carlisle – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and co-founder/lead vocalist of the Go-Go’s;
• Babyface – 12-time Grammy Award-winning recording artist, songwriter and producer;
• Maddie & Tae – multi-platinum country duo and CMT Award-winner;
• Charles Esten – artist-songwriter and star of global hit series OUTER BANKS and NASHVILLE;
• The Broadway cast of A Beautiful Noise, The Neil Diamond Musical featuring Will Swenson and Robyn Hurder;
• The National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly.
The evening will also include:
➢ Fun for kids of all ages with Elmo and Cookie Monster from SESAME STREET and host Alfonso Ribeiro to celebrate America’s birthday.
➢ A special tribute to our men and women in uniform and their families with a musical performance dedicated to their service and sacrifice by world-renowned five-time Grammy Award-winning soprano superstar Renée Fleming.
➢ From the International Space Station orbiting Earth, NASA astronauts Frank Rubio, Steve Bowen and Woody Hoburg will share a special Independence Day message with the nation.
➢ Acclaimed actress and singer Adrienne Warren, who received a Tony Award for her portrayal of Tina Turner in the Broadway musical TINA: THE TINA TURNER MUSICAL, will pay tribute to the legendary Queen of Rock n’ Roll.
➢ A tribute to America’s nurses who go above and beyond every day to keep us healthy and safe will feature a special performance by the Northwell Nurse Choir, an inspirational group of front-line workers, and finalists on Season 16 of AMERICA’S GOT TALENT.
➢ Capping off the festivities will be a patriotic musical medley featuring The U.S. Army Band “Pershing’s Own” during the spectacular fireworks display, an annual audience favorite. The musical finale will be accompanied by live cannon fire provided by the United States Army Presidential Salute Battery, an A CAPITOL FOURTH tradition.