Upper Elementary Classes:
• Lesson Plan for "Our Solar System: The Planets" from Nine Planets
• History, mythology, and current scientific knowledge of the planets, moons and other objects in our solar system
Lower Elementary Classes:
• The Nine 8 Planets, a simplified version of the nineplanets.org website, is for younger students.
Exploring the Planets
• Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Materials
11.) Identify basic components of our solar system, including the sun, planets, and Earth's moon.
11.) Compare distances from the sun to planets in our solar system.
• Relating the size of Earth to the size of other planets in our solar system
• Identifying technology used to study planets
Examples: Hubble telescope, space probes, Mars Exploration Rover
Last updated January 24, 2012