Family and Consumer Science: Unit 1: Foundations
1. Apply mathematical, reading, writing, critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to effectively perform the work of the family and provide services to consumers.
2. Explain the impact of goal setting and teamwork on personal, family, work, and community life.
· Recognizing the importance of FCCLA programs
3. Describe qualities of healthy relationships, including effective communication skills, conflict resolution techniques, and refusal skills.
Family and Consumer Science: Unit 7: Food and Nutrition
16. Compare the nutritive value and cost of restaurant meals to home cooked meals.
17. Demonstrate food preparation using safe and correct use of equipment and sanitation practices.
· Identifying a variety of table settings and appropriate etiquette for various occasions
18. Demonstrate skill in planning, preparing, serving and storing food.
Consumer Services I: Unit 3: Product Development and Marketing
13. Analyze the process of product development.
· Identifying the pricing of goods and services
· Explaining the value of market research for product development
· Interpreting the impact of consumer trends on product development
14. Compare sales techniques used in selling goods and services.
15. Describe the impact of making wise consumer decisions.
Examples: selective shopping, comparative shopping
16. Evaluate market research to determine consumer trends and product development needs.
17. Compare features, prices, product information, styles, and performance of consumer goods for product development and marketing.
Food and Nutrition Standards